|Macaroni and Cheese|
Macaroni & Cheese|
(The real kind, Otherwise known as "Grandma's Macaroni & Cheese")
1) Put a pot of water on to boil for the macaroni. Toss in some oregano and a little oil.
2) Grate up a lot of cheese and have it ready in a bowl.
3) Have ready a tablespoon of flour, some butter, and a little milk.
4) When the macaroni is done, dump it into a collander in the sink. Immediately put the pot back on the stove on very low heat, and melt some butter in it. Add the flour and a little milk. Stir constantly. When the mixture is warm enough, start adding grated cheese a little at a time. Add more cheese only when the stuff already in the pot is melted and mixed in with the milk, butter, & flour. The goal is to get a nice smooth cheese sauce. Turn the heat off when done.
5) Start stirring in macaroni, a little at a time. When you have either as much as you want, or it's getting to be not a cheesy as you'd like, quit adding macaroni and call it finished, making a mental note about the quantities to use next time.
6) Add smoked sausage if you want, on the side.
7) Eat it.
|Grocery, Dairy|| butter|
| || cheese|
| || milk|
|Grocery, Dry Staples|| elbow macaroni|
| || flour|
|Grocery, Meat|| sausage|
|Grocery, Spices|| oregano|
| || pepper|
| || salt|