Frequently Asked Questions for ShareCon
Entering Registration Information
How to enter your registration information in ShareCon:
1) You should have been sent a registration NAME plus a registration CODE.
2) When the opening WaverlyStreet logo panel comes up, position the mouse cursor in the box that says "UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY, and use the delete and backspace keys on your keyboard to completely clear the box. Now type in your registration NAME, exactly as it appears on your receipt. Make sure to include any punctuation, and also make sure that any spaces between words are only ONE space long.
3) Now use the mouse to place the cursor in the box immediately below your registration name, and type in your registration CODE, exactly as it appears on your receipt.
4) Now click the big "OK!" button, just to the right of your registration name and code. A small box should pop up, which says "Thank you for registering ShareCon!". Click OK, and the program will start. From then on, the opening logo panel should clear itself upon start-up.
If this doesn't work, try again, being very careful to copy the registration NAME exactly as shown on your receipt.
Perhaps somewhere along the line your name got misspelled? If so, go ahead and enter it "wrong" for the time being. Email WaverlyStreet with the correct spelling. A new code will be issued, along with instructions on how to re-enter it.
Copy all data to another machine
To copy all of your ShareCon data from one machine to another via floppy disk, do the following:
1) On the first machine, select All Records, and then Import/Export, Export Windows ShareCon Records.
2) Use the Save As dialog to select your floppy drive (probably "A"), type in anything for a file name, and click Save.
3) Once that is finished, take the disk to the other machine, and (in ShareCon) select Import/Export, Import Windows ShareCon Records.
4) Again select the floppy drive in the dialog, click the file you made, and click Open.
5) You will get the ShareCon Import Controls form. Click the Import button, let it run it's course, and you are through.
Setting Up Envelope Printing
The default settings for printing addresses on envelopes are based on #10 size business envelopes and a printer that has it's envelope feed slot on the left hand side. If your printer does not have the slot on the left, or if you are using different size envelopes, then you will need to adjust the settings.
The good news is that you only need to do this once.
First and foremost, do your testing on PLAIN PAPER, not on envelopes! Look at your printer, and visualize how an envelope travels through it. Compare that to how a sheet of plain paper travels through, and mark on a test sheet of plain paper the outline of an envelope. This is shown in blue in the drawing above. If our envelope slot were in the middle, the blue outline would be centered instead of at the top. Now, with this marked-up test sheet in hand, experiment with the settings and compare the results to what you need.
Once you think you have it right on plain paper, try it with an envelope.
If you are also printing a return address, it is important to note that changing the "Return Address Down" value also pushes the main address down (even though you have not changed the value for that).