Frequently Asked Questions for Easy Money
Entering Registration Information
How to enter your registration information in Easy Money:
1) You should have been sent a registration NAME plus a registration CODE.
2) When the opening WaverlyStreet logo panel comes up, position the mouse cursor in the box that says "UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY, and use the delete and backspace keys on your keyboard to completely clear the box. Now type in your registration NAME, exactly as it appears on your receipt. Make sure to include any punctuation, and also make sure that any spaces between words are only ONE space long.
3) Now use the mouse to place the cursor in the box immediately below your registration name, and type in your registration CODE, exactly as it appears on your receipt.
4) Now click the big "OK!" button, just to the right of your registration name and code. A small box should pop up, which says "Thank you for registering Easy Money!". Click OK, and the program will start. From then on, the opening logo panel should clear itself upon start-up.
If this doesn't work, try again, being very careful to copy the registration NAME exactly as shown on your receipt.
Perhaps somewhere along the line your name got misspelled? If so, go ahead and enter it "wrong" for the time being. Email WaverlyStreet with the correct spelling. A new code will be issued, along with instructions on how to re-enter it.
Creating and using multiple data folders
To create additional folders, proceed as follows:
1) Select File, Select Data Folder.
2) Either find an existing folder you have already created with Explorer, or create a new one in the file dialog box. Either way, go into that folder, and click Save.
3) To save this new location for easy use later, select File, Program Settings, and click one of the two the Use Current buttons to save the location as an alternate folder.
4) From then on, when you start the program and select the File menu item, that folder will be shown as one of the drop-down options. Select it, and proceed with working in it as usual.
The program will store up to two of these as menu items, however you can use as many as you want by manually selecting them each time.
Backup you data!
This is less of a "frequently asked question" than a plea from WaverlyStreet to our dear customers: Don't forget to backup your data from time to time! Sooner or later, your computer's disk drive will fail, and if you have not been making regular backup copies of your documents & data files, you will loose them when it does.
There are three different ways to backup data in Easy Money. The first is under File, Create Internal Backup. This process is NOT intended to protect you from a hardware failure, but only to allow recovery from a botched data import, or other heavy editing activity.
The second method is under File, Data Backup (complete). This is the one you want to run from time to time! It's easy:
1) Label a new floppy disk "Easy Money Backup", and insert it in your "A" drive.
2) Select the menu item File, Data Backup (complete).
3) Select drive "A" from the drop-down box in the upper right corner of the backup form.
4) Click the big button at the bottom labeled "Copy all Source files to Target". Let the process run until it reports completion.
That's all there is to it. Take the floppy disk and save it somewhere. Note that you can do future backups on the same disk (it will just over-write the last backup). If you are using multiple data directories, go into each one in turn and repeat the same process (with different floppy disks!).
Another backup method which we recommend running every now and then is to create a full report, and export the full report data to .CSV format. This will ensure that even if the Easy Money program is not available to you, you will be able to recover your data with a spreadsheet program (or something else like that).